Vitual Howl at the Moon 2020
Howl at the Moon raises essential funds to care for the hundreds of homeless animals Little Traverse Bay Humane Society rescues each year. Howl at the Moon is going to be held virtually this year to keep all of our donors, volunteers, and staff as safe and healthy as possible. Check out the information below for more information about how things will work at Virtual Howl at the Moon! While we won’t gather together in person, we hope you’ll join us online for an evening in support of the animals! Howl at the Moon will take place Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 7 p.m.
We have redesigned the event specifically to offer a virtual experience and have a full week of Howl at the Moon activities a week prior which include:
Thursday, August 20: Facebook kick-off parade of shelter dogs and cats • Online auction open to the public
Saturday, August 22: Facebook live with Howl at the Moon featured artist, Trisha Witty
Monday, August 24: Pet look-a-like contest (see our Facebook page for more info., prize awarded for best costume)
Wednesday, August 26: Bartender demonstration of Howl signature cocktail
Thursday, August 27: Virtual event online and house parties begin at 7 p.m. • Auctions end at 9 p.m.
Howl at the Moon August 27 Schedule of Events:
5-7 p.m.: House party set-up and delivery for event sponsors
7 p.m.: Welcome from LTBHS Executive Director, Danielle Blasko
7:10 p.m.: Introduction to the evening by LTBHS Howl Committee Member, Carol Giles
7:15 p.m.: Stories of hope
7:20 p.m.: Live Auction preview/Fund the Need
7:25 p.m.: Entertainment by Great Lakes Chamber Orchestra
7:35 p.m.: Success stories
7:40 p.m.: Ending comments
7:45 p.m.: Event ends
9 p.m.: Online auction closes
How to bid in the Auction:
We have over 100 auction items available to bid on including some AMAZING Premier Auction items!
Step 1: Register to bid
1. CLICK HERE to register to bid on our Auction
2. Fill out the form and hit Submit.
3. You will receive an email with your bidder number. That's it! You are registered to bid in Howl at the Moon!
Step 2: How to bid
1. Enter https://ltbhs.cbo.io into your browser’s address bar.
2. Under ‘Welcome! Login Below.’ Enter in your bidder number, phone number or email address and tap/click GO.
3. Confirm you are the name listed (a password may be required at this time) then hit “Continue”.
4. Once completely logged in, you can search by item #, keyword, or by category. Or simply scroll to the bottom of the page (at https://ltbhs.cbo.io) and view the auction items!
5. To place a bid tap on the blue “Bid/Info” button. There you can place a fast bid, bid or set a max bid, and read details about items.
6. Tap on MENU > MY ITEMS to view your activity throughout the event.
Step 3: Checkout
You can securely checkout from your phone or computer with a credit card. Once you have a checkout available, a red “Pay!” button will appear at the top of your bidding screen.
Tap on this button to proceed to checkout. If you have not already put a credit card on file, you will need to do so at this time in order to checkout from your phone.
*For one checkout, wait until all auction items have closed.
I forgot my bidder #?
Type your phone # or email address in the bidder # box. Tap GO. You also can tap on the “?” for help.
How do I remove a bid?
Right after you place a bid, you have the option to “undo” on the confirmation banner at the top of the screen. Once this banner goes away, you will need to see an event volunteer that is using the butler to remove it.
I already selected “no” or replied “STOP” to the SMS text message alerts, not realizing that I wouldn’t receive outbid notices. Can I fix it?
Yes! Text “START” to 56651 to begin receiving these once again.
How do I place a Max Bid?
To place a “max bid”, tap on Bid/Info > BID/SET MAX > select the amount you are willing to spend on the item > SET MAX. The system will bid up to that amount for you automatically. You will be notified via text message if you are outbid on this item.
Did I win?
Once the auction has closed, you can look under MENU/MY ITEMS to view everything that you have won/purchased.