CAT VISITOR GUIDELINES
Visitors provide socialization for the cats at Little Traverse Bay Humane Society. Visitors can brush, pet and play with the cats and kittens.
Visiting hours are between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Because our priority is to help every animal in our shelter find a loving, forever home, visitors will be limited on Saturdays due to the significant number of adoptions that occur.
- NO ONE is permitted in the cat/kitten play rooms unless he/she receives verbal permission from an LTBHS staff member.
- Children under the age of 18 are NOT allowed in the cat/kitten play rooms unless they are accompanied by a parent.
- No more than THREE people may be in the play room at one time.
- Please limit your visit to 15 minutes if there are other people waiting.
- NEVER open any cage doors.
- DO NOT run or use loud voices around the cats or kittens.
- Wash hands before, during and after touching the animals.
DOG VISITOR GUIDELINES
Visitors to the shelter are permitted to see the dogs through windows. Visitors are NOT ALLOWED outside in the yards or beyond closed doors unless they are accompanied by an LTBHS staff member.
Visitors interested in walking dogs are required to complete a volunteer application.
For more information, please contact volunteer coordinator, Teresa Chaney, at 347.2396.