Cat Spay/Neuter Voucher
Dear Caring Client,
Thank you so much for taking the next step to spay or neuter your cat! We are very excited to take care of your pet at Little Traverse Bay Veterinary Clinic. Since your pet will be going under anesthesia, we would like to go over some very important options you have.
- Pre-anesthetic bloodwork is an ideal test performed prior to your pet going under anesthesia. If your pet is under the age of 5 years, we recommend a pre-anesthetic profile, which consists of a Chemistry panel.
- This test is performed because Anesthesia is a risk to the patient. It will determine blood cell count, infection, and if the liver and kidneys are functioning properly prior to anesthesia. Cost: $60.
- Over 5 years of age or any animal at a higher anesthetic risk, we recommend a CBC and a larger chemistry profile. These tests will go into even more detail about the kidneys, liver, protein values, pancreatic function, and potentially urine and thyroid issues. Cost: $150.
The Owner will need to sign a Waiver if he/she elects to declines the Pre-anesthetic bloodwork profile.
Flea/Tick/Ear Mite Treatment:
- If fleas, ticks or ear mites are found on your pet the day of surgery, it is clinic policy to administer medication/treatment to kill the fleas, ticks or other parasites at the Owner’s expense. Cost: $10-$30.
Pre-Surgery Pregnancy Exam:
- If you believe that your pet may be pregnant, it would be advisable to bring your pet in for an exam prior to surgery to alleviate possible complications of Surgery that could be avoided with an Exam. Cost: $48.
Drop-off: Drop-off of your pet is between 8-8:30 a.m. Pickup the same day is between 3-5 p.m. Please do not give your pet food after midnight the night prior to their surgery. Water is ok.
We look forward to meeting you and taking care of your wonderful pet! Thank you for taking the time to read this information. If you have any questions prior to your pet going under anesthesia, or about the procedure itself, please don’t hesitate to call us. Our number is 231-622-6363.
Dr. Deborah Andreen, DVM
Dr. Katherine Zubricky, DVM
Dr. Kelly Dumas, DVM
Dr. Diane Gildersleeve, DVM
Little Traverse Bay Veterinary Clinic
Payment is due at the time of scheduling your pet’s appointment.
"*" indicates required fields